Monday, July 19, 2010

What's all the racket? It's 6:20 a.m.!

My daughter comes scrambling in my bed this morning saying the chickens are cackling like crazy. I scramble out of bed, grab my husbands bathrobe, slip on some sandals and head for the back door without my glasses. I get the backdoor unlocked (with effort) and head around the corner to their pen where Betty is pacing the front of the run and cackling her heart out. It is LOUD, too. She was acting like she was locked up in her coop and a worm was just outside and out of reach.

She made some really funny sounds too, like she was announcing herself to the world. Lord, I feel sorry for my neighbors. College kids by day, restaurant servers by night. They are quiet and respectful and probably would appreciate sleeping past 6:30 am. I would be so pissed if I was them. Betty was obnoxious.

No comments: